Report from Vision Counsel:
1. Rainbow Family of Living Light Vision Counsel on the land, day 2, Oregon, July 8, 2017, thanks the Burns-Paiute Tribe for welcoming us to gather on their traditional lands. We appreciate working closely with the tribe to protect sacred sites and the environment. We deeply empathize with the loss of their traditional lands to colonization. We support their ongoing work to build a strong, healthy, and vibrant Burns-Paiute Tribe now and for the future generations.
2. Water is life.
3. We will share the feather in this circle going forward and not start in the same place every time.
4. We in this circle reaffirm our vigilant loving commitment in ourselves to a gentle and conscious approach to our personal interactions, our circles, and our choices.
5. In consideration for the health and well-being of all who gather, we, as peacekeepers, lovingly and kindly urge respect, discernment, and discretion, in ourselves and others, especially with regard to the use of sacramental and or mind-altering substances.
6. We invite and encourage individuals to circle again from November 23-26, 2017, for Harvest Counsel, and request it be in or near the region of the 2018 Gathering.
7. We, the individuals assembled at the Rainbow Family of Living Light vision counsel on the land, day 6, Oregon, July 12th, 2017, invite all people home to a silent meditation and prayer for peace on July 4th from dawn until high noon, and to gather from July 1-7, 2018, for the 47th Annual North American world peace and healing rainbow family gathering on Turtle Island in the region of the Atlantic Appalachias, from the Shenandoah mountains through the Chattahoochee forest, in a forest we have not gathered in before.
8. We invite the world to a silent meditation for world peace on July 4th, 2022.
9. We practice peace. Education about consent allows us to better respect others’ boundaries and to seek nonviolence in all actions.